Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who I am and why I'm "Mormon."

I am the oldest of six children.  I have 4 younger brothers and a younger sister.  My parents are still happily married after 22 years.  Our family has lived in Utah, Oregon and now Idaho.
  I enjoy good books.  Sci-fi, fantasy, historical fiction, etc....  I also really enjoy singing.  I was in choir during high school, then I was part of a barbershop quartet with 3 of my friends when I started college.  As far as college goes, I attended Brigham Young University - Idaho where I started a bachelor's degree in Chemistry.
  All of that is on hold right now because I am serving as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I have left my family and friends and set school and girls aside so that I can share the Gospel for two years.  And I'm not getting paid to do this.  I have volunteered my time and money to come out to Western New York and teach of Christ.

I have always had the blessing of knowing Christ's gospel.  But I do not think I ever fully understood what being a member of the LDS church meant.  I knew it was blessing my family and that we were happy because of it, but that was about it.  As a teenager I had to start making more decisions for myself.  Some of these decisions had to do with the way I would live my life.  I had to decide, for myself, that I would continue to live my life according to what I had been taught by my parents and the living Prophets.  It has been hard at times, but the comfort, peace, and security that have come from living the teachings of Christ have more than made up for the trials I have faced.
   Because of the personal trials I've gone through and the blessings I've received, I want to share what I know.  I want to share Christ's gospel and Heavenly Father's plan, because I know the happiness, peace and strength that comes from living in Their Way.

I know Heavenly Father loves all of us.  I know that because He loves us, He gives us prophets who teach of His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is led by true prophets.  I know Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment