Thursday, November 10, 2011

Are we there when we are called?

Trying to think of a way to write a blog for Sister Vaterlaus, I remembered a quote that I once heard:
“Life in the Church soon teaches us, too, that the Lord does not ask us about our ability, but only about our availability. And then, if we demonstrate our dependability, the Lord will increase our capability.” Neal A. Maxwell
In a way, Sister Vaterlaus has been an example of this to me.  She made herself available to serve a mission and the Lord called her.  As she came on her mission, the Lord called her and moved her where he needed her.

I do not know everything that she has experienced, but what I've seen has been impressive.  Many other people would excuse themselves from serving, but Sister Vaterlaus made herself available and the Lord proved that she was capable.

1 comment: