Saturday, February 26, 2011

Who is God and how does he show that he cares?

God is our loving Heavenly Father.  He is literally the father of our Spirits.  He is a perfect Father who wants us to be truly happy.  He wants us to have all that He has.  (Doctrine and Covenants 84:38)
   He has a body of flesh and bones. (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22)  We were created in His image. (Genesis 1:26-27)

He shows His love for us by allowing us the privilege of being in families here on Earth.  I understand that many people do not have the best family life.  But that does not keep you from having your own family and learning to love them.  "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ." (The Family: A Proclamation to the World)
   As we learn of Christ and teach of Him to our families we will have greater peace and less strife at home.  Whether we teach through discussion or only by example, we can have an impact on our life situation.
   Giving us the Gospel is how God shows that He cares about us.

I have always had a "functional" family.  But that does not mean we always got along.  However, as I understand more about Christ and His life, I find it easier to love my siblings and parents.  Things they do don't bother me as much.  I am more willing to listen to suggestions from younger siblings and I try not to criticize them.  I understand that my parents are trying to do what is best for me because they really do love me.

I know our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy now and forever.  I know he has established the family unit to provide that happiness.  I know that when the teachings of Christ are taught in the home there is a lasting impact that is not forgotten.
   "Learn of [Christ], and listen to [His] words; walk in the meekness of [His] Spirit, and you shall have peace in [Him]." (Doctrine and Covenants 19:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment