Monday, July 4, 2011

Prayer

What is prayer?

"Sincere, fervent, and constant communication with the Creator of our spirits and bodies, our Heavenly Father" (A talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard)




"Faced with religious questions, a young man from the Czech Republic with an open mind found that he could get answers directly from God through prayer."
Watch a version of this video with English voice-over.


In my life, prayer is a constant theme.  Through prayer I have received peace and comfort and strength when it has been needed.  I have come to know that God is my loving Heavenly Father who knows me and cares about me personally.  I have gained a witness of Christ's atoning sacrifice and love.
   I know Christ's church is once again upon the earth in its fullness. I know living Prophets and Apostles lead the church by inspiration from God.
   I know you can pray to our Heavenly Father and receive answers and guidance for your life.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer becomes so much more powerful as we make it a conversation with God vs. talking to God. Really enjoyed this video! Though, I am partial to it I think... My brother got back from his mission in the Czech Republic a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete