Saturday, September 10, 2011

Peace Amid Tribulation: 9/11

In these last few years there has been much fear, terror, and sorrow in the world.  As we remember the attacks of September 11, 2001, I wanted to share what hope and peace I can.  "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

In my own life there have been times of despair and fear.  There have been moments when the next step was not clear.  I have come to the end of what I thought I was capable of and found only one way to move forward: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)


Psalm 23

Jesus Christ knows us.  He has felt our grief and sorrow.  He knows our pain.  "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people." (Alma 7:11)

Christ suffered all things and was faithful.  "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)  "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:1,27)

Let us be faithful to Him.  Let us trust Him and love others as He loves us.  Study His words, pray in thanksgiving, pray for strength, and live His teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment