Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Standing For Something: 10 Virtues

In light of my return home and the things that I've learned (and hopefully become) on my mission, I want to start a series of posts based on President Gordon B. Hinckley's book "Standing For Something."  These posts will hopefully serve as a successful transition from my full-time missionary work to my personal life at home.

These posts will touch on faith, hope, charity and love, service, and becoming, among other virtues.  My hope is that these posts will bless you, the reader, and help you strive for and obtain the best within you.

The virtues that President Hinckley writes about are as follows:
  1. Love
  2. Honesty
  3. Mortality
  4. Civility
  5. Learning
  6. Forgiveness and Mercy
  7. Thrift and Industry
  8. Gratitude
  9. Optimism
  10. Faith
President Hinckley also discusses two gaurdians of virtue: Marriage and the Family.

It has been a little while since I have read the book, so I ask for your patience as I work on these posts.  As I finish each post I will add links to them from this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment