Sunday, September 13, 2020

New name... again

This blog started as a proselyting and teaching tool while I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I originally named it “Go ye into all the world...” to reflect my calling to teach the gospel. This title of course came from Christ’s command to His Apostles after His resurrection. The particular scripture reference is Mark 16:15.  (See also Matthew 28:19-20 and 3 Nephi 11:41.)

When I returned home I had planned on continuing to post on this blog as a way of sharing my testimony and thoughts relating to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I correspondingly renamed this blog “Be thou an example...” from Paul's first epistle to Timothy chapter 4, verse 12.  Paul counseled Timothy to be "an example of the believers" despite his youth.  Similarly, I wanted to use this blog for the same purpose.  However, as can be seen by the minimal number of posts over the last 8 years, I have not been the best at structured, regular writing and posting.


Now, nearly a decade later, I'm considering a new structure to my posts.  I realized that I often have insights either during personal or family scripture study, or during church each week.  There are many of these that are not too personal to share.  Also, I've been praying for a way to share the gospel online and one of these recent Sundays I felt the distinct impression that perhaps part of the reason for some of the insights I find is to share them.

In addition to this desire to share the gospel, I've always had in the back of my mind the idea of writing out the most important things I would want to tell my future children and grandchildren.  In line with this, I'll be using this blog to place my thoughts and insights on the gospel, as that is the most important thing in life that I can share with my posterity.


With a new purpose comes a new name: "That our children may know...."  This comes from The Book of Mormon, in particular 2 Nephi 25:26 quoted here:

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.


I know that this is truth.  I know that Christ is the ultimate solution.  I know that we will all sin, but that Christ will redeem us if we will but turn to Him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit.  There is nothing so important in life as this.

May the peace of Christ and His Atonement abide with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment